Valued Customers of Sales & Leasing Representative Brandon Peluso in front of Highland Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac in Aurora
Sales Leasing Representative
With a background in sales Brandon is no stranger to helping people find what they are looking for, come on in and see if he can find something for you!
Sales & leasing Representative Gary Allen with Valued Customer in front of Highland Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac in Aurora
Sales and Leasing Representative
Gary has been on our sales team since 2005. From an Aveo to an XLR Gary can help you drive away in your dream vehicle! Come on in and let him show you what vehicles we have on site!
New 2012 GMC Terrain Vehicles for Sale at Highland Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac in Aurora near Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Barrie
At Highland Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac in Ontario Canada, find great deals on GMC Terrain vehicles!
So, what’s so special about the GMC Terrain?
The 2012 GMC Terrain is the junior member of the GMC family of vehicles, the smaller of its two crossovers (the GMC Acadia is the other). A close relative of the Chevy Equinox, the GMC Terrain shares a lot of the Chevrolet’s good points, including tidy proportions, a relatively roomy vehicle interior, and a list of thoughtful features for people and cargo.
In the GMC Terrain, front-wheel drive is standard with all-wheel drive an option for extra road traction, and the 2012 GMC Terrain gets up to 32 mpg on the EPA highway cycle, making it the best choice in a field that includes the Ford Edge, the Honda CR-V and the Toyota Venza.
Whether looking to buy, finance or lease a new GMC Terrain SUV, contact one of our friendly GMC Terrain sales and service specialists to learn more about how you can get on the road for less!
We will show you why the GMC Terrain offers better value than a Honda CR-V, Ford Edge or a Toyota Venza.
2013 Chevrolet Malibu is Chevrolet’s First Global Midsize for Customers in Nearly 100 Markets on Six Continents
- All-new exterior designed to stand out around the world
- All-new, dual-cockpit interior with more room, more quietness, more premium materials and content, and greater craftsmanship
- All-new, fuel-efficient, 2.5L four-cylinder Ecotec engine with next-generation six-speed automatic powertrain
- All-new ride and handling package engineered for best-in-class performance
- All-new, aerodynamically efficient shape and active shutter system save fuel and reduce wind noise
- All-new Chevrolet MyLink in-car infotainment system integrates online services like Stitcher SmartRadio®
- New radio face that articulates up and down revealing a six-inch-deep hidden storage compartment, a first for a North American midsize sedan
- New safety features including 10 air bags, lane departure/forward collision warning system and a rearview camera system
The all-new 2013 Chevrolet Malibu vehicle made its debut in Canada today at the Montreal Auto Show and is Chevrolet’s first global midsize sedan vehicle that will be sold in 100 countries on six continents. The all-new Chevrolet Malibu gives customers expressive design, advanced technologies, ride performance and fuel efficient powertrains.
Product highlights for North American Chevrolet Malibu models include:
- All-new fuel-efficient and powerful 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and next-generation 6-speed automatic transmission that lead Malibu’s powertrain lineup
- Expressive exterior design with a wide, athletic stance
- Segment-best aerodynamics – close to those of the Volt extended-range electric vehicle – that enhance fuel efficiency and reduce wind noise, including active electronic shutters on select models
- All-new, Chevrolet-signature dual-cockpit interior that is more spacious, features premium materials and is engineered to be the quietest in the midsize segment
- New Chevrolet MyLink connectivity seamlessly integrates online services like Stitcher SmartRadio®
- European-influenced ride and handling traits
- New safety features and technologies including 10 air bags, ultra-high-strength steel, lane departure warning/forward collision warning and rearview camera system
Expressive and efficient exterior
“The exterior design of the all-new Malibu carries DNA from its sister vehicles, the Camaro and Corvette, to bring a sporty sensibility to the family sedan segment,” said Bryan Nesbitt, executive director for GM exterior design and Chevrolet Brand Champion.
A wider stance, broad shoulders and an integrated rear spoiler bring a new athleticism to Chevrolet Malibu and give it a more aggressive appearance. The new Chevrolet Malibu has a 4.5-inch (114 mm) shorter wheelbase and 62-inch (1,574 mm) front and rear tracks that are more than 2 inches (51 mm) wider than the model it replaces.
Other exterior design cues include Chevrolet’s dual-port grille, projector HID headlamps, larger Chevrolet bow-tie badges front and rear, and new Camaro-inspired LED dual-element taillamps. The look is complemented by a range of large 17-, 18- and 19-inch wheels.
The 2013 Malibu exterior is anticipated to be SAE-certified as one of the most aerodynamically efficient cars in the segment, with a coefficient of drag (Cd) rating near Chevrolet Volt’s Cd of .280. Because of Malibu’s new shape and design, engineers were able to remove 60 counts of wind drag compared to the model it replaces.
Malibu also has electronically controlled and integrated active aero shutters (select models in North American markets) to improve aerodynamics and enhance fuel economy without sacrificing the exterior design.
Malibu’s active shutter system automatically closes airflow through the lower intake opening when air intake is least needed. When closed, the shutter system enhances aerodynamic performance by redirecting airflow around the front of the vehicle and down the sides, rather than through it. Whether the shutter is open or closed depends on engine coolant temperature and speed – for example, the shutters open when the car is traveling up a hill, pulling a trailer, or in hot city driving; the shutters close at highway speeds when less engine cooling is required.
Chevrolet Malibu Roomier, more refined interior
The new Malibu interior was designed to bring an element of sophistication to everyday driving, featuring an all-new dual cockpit design that creates an inviting, roomy and comfortable environment.
The increased width of the new Malibu means a more spacious cabin. Compared to the previous model, it has nearly 4 cubic feet (113 L) of additional interior volume, along with more shoulder and hip room.
The Malibu interior features metallic, chrome or wood accents located around the shifter, surrounding the centre stack, around the instrument cluster and on doors and the steering wheel. Soft, ice blue ambient lighting reflects off of and complements chrome accents and ensures even, consistent illumination along the instrument panel and in storage pockets. Ice blue lighting on the centre stack dials, exposed ice blue French contrast stitching, soft-touch and textured surfaces, and strategic applications of noise-deadening materials add to Malibu’s interior refinement.
The Malibu also has a number of storage areas, including a radio face that articulates up and down to reveal a six-inch deep storage area behind its seven-inch touch-screen radio display – a North American first in a midsize car. Malibu will also offer a full range of the latest infotainment options, including new colour radio systems and an available navigation system.
Malibu will include Chevrolet’s new MyLink infotainment package at launch. It builds on the safety and security of OnStar and seamlessly integrates online services Stitcher SmartRadio®. MyLink integrates wireless connectivity through Bluetooth to enable hands-free use of selected smart phone features while the device remains safely stowed.
MyLink features a high-resolution, full-colour touch screen display designed to manage the number of steps required to complete a task. MyLink also adds stereo audio streaming and wireless control of smart phones, building on the Bluetooth hands-free calling capability already offered in most Chevrolet vehicles.
All-new 2.5L powertrain
The 2013 Malibu features a global lineup of fuel-efficient and powerful four-cylinder engines that complements its European-inspired driving characteristics.
An all-new Ecotec 2.5L dual overhead cam, four-cylinder engine with direct injection leads Malibu’s engine lineup in North America. It is expected to be one of the most efficient of its size in the market. New features include enhanced authority continuously variable valve timing, variable-displacement oil pump and electronic thermostat that save fuel, while delivering V-6-like performance. It is estimated the engine will be SAE-certified at more than 190 horsepower (141 kW) and 180 lb.-ft. of torque (245 Nm). The new engine has noise-reducing features such as a cast exhaust manifold, steel crank, low-noise timing chain and direct mount accessories that contribute to a quiet-cabin experience.
The 2.5L is mated to a Hydra-Matic 6T40 six-speed automatic with features designed to enhance powertrain efficiency. They include changes to clutch controls and hardware that improves shift response and time. These changes enabled engineers to specify higher gearing to improve cruising efficiency while maintaining acceleration performance and driveability.
Chevrolet Malibu Driving experience
The all-new 2013 Chevrolet Malibu delivers precise ride and handling. Malibu has been engineered to be best-in-class and on par with more expensive sports sedans.
Benefiting from continuous refinement of an award-winning global architecture, engineers have tested, tuned and calibrated the Malibu on rural roads, highways, freeways and GM validation facilities around the world.
Contributing to the Malibu’s ride and handling characteristics are:
- A solid body structure as stiff as any in the global midsize sedan market, allowing for precise tuning and dynamic vehicle control
- A premium steering gear for smooth, precise responsiveness and on-centre feel
- Proven and continuously refined MacPherson strut front and mutli-link rear suspensions
- Large, ventilated front disc and solid rear disc brakes, clamped on by dual-piston front and single-piston rear aluminum callipers, which are expected to deliver segment-best stopping distance
- An isolated engine cradle for tuned, refined feedback, without noise or vibration
- Fuel-saving electric power rack-and-pinion variable-effort power steering, resulting in effortless low-speed manoeuvres and a higher degree of steering feel at higher speeds
- Chassis control technologies include four-channel anti-lock brakes, full-function traction control, four-corner electronic stability control, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist system, corner brake control, hydraulic brake fade assist and drag torque control.
Chevrolet Malibu Safety features
When it comes to safety features, the new Malibu will be one of the best-equipped in the segment. The Malibu will also be pedestrian protection-compliant in all markets where it is sold, and for the first time in North America. Pedestrian protection design in the front of the vehicle reduces the chance of secondary collision between the pedestrian and engine block in car-pedestrian accidents.
The Malibu will also offer these standard and available safety features:
- Dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags
- Driver and front passenger pelvic/thorax side-impact air bags
- Driver and passenger knee air bags
- Roof rail air bags with rollover protection
- Available second-row head/thorax side-impact air bags
- Available lane departure warning system with forward collision alert
- Available rearview camera system
OnStar is also included in Chevrolet Malibu’s safety features and includes Automatic Crash Response, as well as improved voice recognition technology, remote diagnostics, remote door unlock, Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, RemoteLink™and 6 months of uplevel Directions and Connections service that includes Turn-By-Turn Navigation.
The new 2013 Chevrolet Malibu comes in LS, Chevrolet Malibu LT and LTZ trim levels, with 10 exterior colours and four interior colour combination choices in North America, depending on the model. Chevrolet Malibu Eco production in the United States begins in early 2012. It will be built in multiple locations around the globe, including the Fairfax, Kan. and Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plants in the United States. Pricing will be announced later this year.
On December 17, 2011, MTV reality and action sports-star Rob Dyrdek successfully kick-flipped the all-new 2012 Chevrolet Sonic vehicle. Footage from his daring kick flip Sonic stunt will be featured in the “Sonic Anthem” ad, along with clips from other Chevrolet Sonic stunts during the telecast of Super Bowl XLVI on February 5, 2012.
So what exactly is a kick flip?
A kick flip is a 360-degree rotation in mid-air normally seen on a skateboard
Chevrolet Sonic highlights include:
- Available efficient Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine rated at an estimated 138 horsepower (103 kW) – 18 horsepower (14 kW) more than Ford Fiesta – that delivers competitive fuel-economy. Similar engine used in the Chevy Cruze in a smaller, lighter package for a greater feeling of performance.
- Standard Ecotec 1.8L engine paired with 5-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions
- Ecotec 1.4L turbo available with a 6-speed manual transmission
- Ride and handling tuned by Chevrolet Corvette engineers; standard electronic power steering and StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing
- Chevrolet Sonic Sedan car model offers segment-best trunk capacity that is greater than most compact car models; Sonic hatchback and sedan offer better rear-seat roominess than Ford Fiesta. With a rear seat that folds nearly flat, the 2012 Chevrolet Sonic hatchback has greater cargo capacity than Ford Fiesta
- Connectivity includes OnStar with 6 months of Turn-by-Turn navigation. Available car features include XM Satellite Radio, USB and Bluetooth functionality and MyChevrolet mobile application with OnStar MyLink vehicle connectivity
- Remote start, heated front seats and sunroof, all rarities in the segment
- Comprehensive safety features in the Chevrolet Sonic include ten standard vehicle air bags, anti-lock brakes, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist and OnStar with Automatic Crash Response.
Cadillac CUE, the new user experience for intuitive in-vehicle connectivity and control, received a Popular Mechanics Top Gadgets of CES 2012: Editors’ Choice Award at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Cadillac was the only automaker selected. The awards were announced on PopularMechanics.com at the conclusion of CES.
Each year at CES, the editors of Popular Mechanics select their top picks based on the level of innovation, potential industry impact and overall appeal. Cadillac presented CUE amid thousands of new products and innovations in the consumer electronics showcase.
“After seeing an earlier demonstration of the system at the Los Angeles Auto Show, I knew it would be a strong candidate for an award at CES,” said Andrew Del-Colle, assistant editor, Popular Mechanics. “The show offered a great opportunity to compare the CUE with many other OEM and aftermarket systems, and it stood out to us for its innovative use of new standards such as HTML 5, as well as for its intuitive user interface.”
CUE features the first automotive use of capacitive touch – the use of electrodes to sense the conductive properties of objects, such as a finger. It is a technology used by many of today’s most popular handheld mobile devices.
Other key aspects of CUE are natural speech recognition, Bluetooth connectivity for up to 10 devices and a motorized concealed storage compartment. The system runs on an ARM 11 3-core processor on a Linux open-source HTML5-based software platform
CUE debuts in production on Cadillac’s 2013 XTS luxury sedan starting in late spring in North America. CUE will also be featured in the all-new 2013 ATS sport sedan launching in North America this summer.
Article Source: GM Canada News
Chevrolet led all automakers in U.S. passenger car sales in 2011 and posted its largest year over year retail sales increase in 35 years, due in large part to strong sales of the Chevrolet Cruze compact sedan. Chevrolet compact car sales almost doubled compared with 2010.
“Leading the U.S. industry in passenger car sales in our centennial year proves that we have transformed the Chevrolet product lineup and are delivering the high-quality, fuel-efficient, expressively designed cars that more and more people want,” said Alan Batey, U.S. vice president, Chevrolet Sales and Service.
Chevrolet sold more than 763,000 passenger cars in 2011. Products included the Chevrolet Sonic subcompact, Chevrolet Cruze compact sedan, Volt electric car, Chevrolet Malibu and Impala sedans, and Camaro and Corvette sporty cars.
“We are confident we can continue to build on the momentum with the new Sonic and the new Malibu Eco arriving in dealer showrooms in the coming weeks.”
Chevrolet Cruze sales in the United States totaled 231,732 in 2011, contributing to the car’s global success. Cruze is the best-selling Chevrolet nameplate around the world with more than 1 million sold since its launch in 2009.
The segment-leading Camaro is winning the race with automotive enthusiasts. Camaro sales rose 8 percent to more than 88,000 units in 2011.
And the all-new Sonic subcompact posted a 52 percent increase year over year compared with the vehicle it replaced. Sonic is quickly winning a legion of fans, with more than 200,000 “Likes” on Facebook. In its first five months on the market, Sonic has steadily increased its sales month to month, finishing among the segment’s leaders in December.
The 2011 sales momentum extended to crossovers and trucks. Total sales for the Equinox crossover were up 28 percent; the Chevrolet Silverado full-size pickup gained 12 percent, and the Suburban full-size SUV rose 9 percent.
New passenger car offerings in 2012 include the 2013 Spark mini-car and the new Malibu sedans as Chevrolet’s lineup continues to become more global with more than half of its sales outside the U.S. home market.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at http://www.chevrolet.com.
Article Source: GM Canada News
Highland Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac Proud Sponsor of Bradford Brawlers Friday Night Mens Hockey League
At Highland Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac, we believe that a healthy community is a strong community
Sales and Leasing Rep Johnny MacFadden is Pictured here (3rd from your right) below with some of his teammates
Johnny has been with Highland Chevrolet Cadillac since 2005. He is another friendly face in our showroom.
Johnny is happy to answer any questions you might have about your next new vehicle, he has extensive knowledge about all of our vehicles features & options!
He can be reached at 905-727-9444 ext:237
Check Out Our 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Cars And Schedule A Test Drive Today! | GM Dealers in Aurora, Richmond Hill, Newmarket Ontario Canada
Available right now at Highland Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac in Aurora Ontario, the Chevrolet Cruze by GM earned its stripes crossing 6 million kilometers of some of the most demanding proving grounds our planet has to offer. The Cruze already made a name for itself in 60 countries around the worldd. Designed, engineered and tested on 6 continents. In the words of canadiandriver.com, “Cruze clearly demonstrates how Chevrolet is pointing solidly in the right direction.” It’s also redefining the compact car around the globe, with a series of Best-In Class Credentials. Best In Class Fuel Efficiency, Best In Class Warranty Coverage & Class Exclusive 10 Air Bags.
Crisp, clean lines
Tight wheel-to-body relationship
Wheel sizes up to 18 inches
Gorgeous use of chrome in grille, belt moulding and decklid
Next Generation dual-port grille with prominent bow tie
8 exterior colour choices
Ice Blue LED backlighting
French seam stitching on seats
Chrome surround accents
Selective use of premium materials
Integrated centre stack design
Covered bin at the top of the centre stack
Three-gauge instrument cluster
10 air bags, including knee air bags and roof-railmounted
Curtain air bags with rollover capabilit
Segment-leading safety comes standard
Standard StabiliTrak Stability Control
Standard traction control
Standard 4-wheel anti-lock brakes
Standard breakaway pedal assembly
Optional Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Standard rear park assist on LTZ (available on LT)
OnStar® (LT Turbo+ and LTZ) with Advanced
Automatic Crash Notification
Who says a compact car can’t offer upscale features and finishes you expect from a luxury vehicles? Certainly not anyone associated with the worlds wide development of the all-new 2012 Chevrolet Cruze vehicle, the compact car that roadandtrack.com says “will definitely give the imports a run for their money.” As for the level of quiet inside the Cruze, Autoblog.com writes: “Triple-seal doors, a laminated windshield and hydraulic engine mounts make the cabin Lexus-quiet. We know that sounds absurd, but we don’t make the comparison lightly.”